Friday, March 22, 2013

Final Coat

We are at the point of putting on the final coat.  I thought when I started this I would do a better job of blogging.  But life happens and the busyness gets in the way of doing thing like blogging.  The movers are scheduled to come on the 29th, it is my guess this will be my last post before move in.  I promise to do one more once everything is finished so you can see the completed house.  I want to thank Apple for i-phones, it is hard to imagine building a house without one!  Technology has definitely made this process much easier with text, pictures and internet at your fingertips. 

I have had over 1500 views to this blog, not sure who looks at it but thanks!  I have especially enjoyed sharing this process with the Looneybirds in Chelsea - hopefully one of them will be inspired to be a builder, architect or even learn a craft!  Thanks to you all for being such a great first class for Miss Looney. (Compliment :) ) I have loved sharing these pictures with my family so that can be a part of it - especially our girls.  I have missed them both during this process and will especially miss them on moving day. 

The best part of building for us - is doing it together.  Dale makes the process so easy with his years of expertise and he carries way more than his share in this partnership.  When we told my father that we were engaged I remember him saying " you will never go hungry because Dale Looney will dig ditches if he has too"  Thanks to Dale for all the hard work and ditch digging you have done for us.
I love you!




Retaining wall before rock

Rock layers working on retaining walls..  true artisans!

Ready for the fires!

Hardwood floors...stained, Provencal.

Tile in process... 



Working on stone steps.  He got it right the second time!

Master Bath before tile and tub deck

Hearth stones

A BIG shout out to Jimmy Self and his cabinet crew!  Beautiful all the way through!

Mama and her kitchen... all I needs is some appliances and counter tops!

Just add water!  Whirlpool waiting to be installed.

I wish the pictures did this ceiling justice.  Dale worked on it so hard!  Looks terrific!

Kristina finished tile and tub

Milo enjoying his new porch

I don't know how much gravel was used! 

Dale... decided to transplant some dogwood trees, we will see if they make it.

Dale overlooking GNP house!


Installing crown molding on cabinets.

Beautiful fireplace and built -in cabinetry


Kitchen... love my purple!  Always interesting to see what people say and don't say when they see it! Thank you Savannah !

Getting closer!

Appliance arrived!

Master bath!  Love this border

Granite installed ! 


Used quartz counters in this bath.


PS.   No, this isn't the LAST one!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love the purple! When do you move? Looks like you are getting close!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Absolutely beautiful! Kitchen and fireplace are masterpieces! You guys always outdo yourselves each time you build. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete