Friday, March 16, 2012

Getting organized

Today I decided to get my organization together. I bought a notebook complete with files, pockets for business cards, it has a notebook paper and graph paper too! I like it because it is hot pink. :)
I usually label the folders as products and/or rooms. If there is something I am collecting literature on for instant, light fixtures...then of course I have a folder for that in my book. This is great when going to a home show and picking up ideas at vendor booths. Also I collect pictures both that I take and from magazines and this gives me a spot to keep them for ideas.

I also made what I call a room schedule. I type a list leaving space of each room. Then when going through the house with a sub I can make them notes about each room. This is great for painters and I always tape the color chip on the schedule. Also you can put which light fixture or flooring etc. etc. . I make many copies so that I have them for each sub and myself!

Picked up house plan copies today to get to the subs for pricing...the good weather is getting us ready to go! May the luck of the Irish be with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment