Sunday, March 4, 2012

Have you thought about?

I have been hearing this question a lot this week...
What kind of tubs, interior doors, cabinets, windows, posts on the porch,
Is the size right on the dormers, do you want a box window or a bay in the kitchen....
We need to think about where we want the outlets and switches.

My goodness, I always forget how many decisions are involved in building a house. The amount of pre planning is incredible. I have got better at is as many times as we have built - I do have a simple rule that I try to stay true to.... Don't pick anything that does not make me smile! :)

Hopefully this week I will have a budget because my beer budget always gets in the way of my champagne taste! I will begin my quest this week to make decisions. I am starting with the tubs, we know we want a whirlpool and it will be fun to see what new products have come on the scene since we last built. The school of hard knocks has taught us a lot about what we don't want... but we do know to sit in the tubs before you make your final selection. We always feel a little stupid but when you are tall.... got to make sure we have the length. Away we go... I let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment