Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Getting closer

We are closing on our lot next Friday! The plans should be back from the architect by then...We are getting excited and now it seems to be time to get things rolling. Dale finished the spec sheets with the materials and when the plans are complete we will get an appraisal off the plans.

I am predicting an April start with cutting in the driveway and clearing the building site. WE ARE VERY EXCITED. We have built and remodeled many homes and it is definitely in our blood.

My tip for today.... before you begin.... Take out your good car mats and buy some cheap ones because no matter how hard you try your car is going to get muddy! Note to self...put some mud shoes in the car for when I drop by for the same reason.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! As many houses as Greg has built- we have never built our own- yet!!! This will be fun to follow!
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this, Geri! Wow -- quite a year of endings and beginnings this will be for you and your family! I know your dad would be glad that you have this project to focus on during this first year without him. I'll look forward to your future postings.

    I started my first blog last year, before I knew when I'd be retiring, but in anticipation of our new life after we move to Scottsboro. Hope to post at least a few more times before we actually move. I'm sure our visit to Scottsboro during Hal's spring break (between Palm Sunday and Easter) will elicit some good thoughts that I'll want to share.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete